Monday, August 3, 2015

I MOVED AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT

WHAT UP FAM!!!!! So we all knew this day was coming and yet, it was not AT ALL any easier than I hoped it would be. Thats right, friends and fam, I have officially left Gaia. And I got myself transferred on over to the very exotic land of...... (drum roll) PORTO! Yep, literally about 10 minutes away. WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So yep we basically had the craziest most fun pday ever with the Bragas, and then we STILL didnt get transfer calls so we just kept doing what we were doing and being missionaries and all that. Tuesday we managed to get some investigators so we could go to a concert that was being held with some guy who served his mission here and Joao Braga, who both play the piano super well and it was BASICALLY incredible. Not basically but actually 100% incredible. And the funniest part was we called to get permission from Prez, which we thought was going to be super difficult, and he ends up just being like "yeah you guys can go and dont worry about being home on time just come when you want!!!" HAHAHAHAHA it was the best. He is very dedicated to missionary work but a lot chiller than any of us expected.

AND THEN we were in the capela just DYING waiting for transfer calls. I literally thought I was going to throw up I was DYING. And finally they came and what do you know, I got transfered all the way on over to across the river. PORTO 1 BABY! But the BEST surprise in the whole WORLD came when I heard who my new companion is (lets get another drum roll going for good measure)...... SISTER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AHJKHFDKJLHERUHQRULIUTHEULKWTH WHAT THE WHATTTTTTT. Hahaha we were literally DYING I nearly peed my pants because I thought it was all a sick joke and there had to have been a mistake. AHHH. If yall remember from my last emails Sister Wood has been my STL for 2 transfers and we did a division and it was one of the best days of my mission, and NOW WE ARE COMPS AND IT DOESNT EVEN FEEL LIKE REAL LIFE. I am literally laughing 400% of the time and we still work but also are constantly having the best time and basically I am just so, so happy.

Seriously though, it is a tender mercy for sure! I knew I was leaving Gaia and I was so upset about it, and being in an area that isnt too far away with a comp that is a constant party and all that is the best way I couldve left my beloved first area. THE LORD KNOWS US FAM! Presidente obviously doesnt know us too well cause I dont know how on earth Sister Wood and I managed to get thrown together, but we will be ridin it for ALL IT IS WORTH

Thats about it! Its been crazy getting used to another area, honestly my whole mission up to this point has been in Gaia so I hardly know how to handle it, but Porto 1 has a super great ward that love the sisters and Sister Wood is one of the best missionaries I have ever seen, so all in all things are great here in Portugal. Other fun things from this week:

   - Sister Wood and I taking horrible double chin selfies, then laughing so hard we were rolling on my bed which then proceeded to BREAK IN TWO. Seriously yall, who the heck let us 2 be comps am I right?!?!
   - I FINALLY HAVE BLACK PEOPLE IN MY WARD!!!!!!!! Gaia was just way, way too white. We got invited to a birthday party thrown by one of the fabulous black couples in the ward and it was literally the best. So much African dancing and I couldve died I was so happy
   - One of the ward members had a scale in her bathroom and I dont know what I was thinking.... But yep. I stepped on it and I have bad, bad news. I actually didnt understand at first because it was in kilos and I was like "oh this is probably fine" only then I managed to get my hands on a converter and A COMPLETE MENTAL BREAKDOWN ENSUED. I only tell you this all because I love you, but in 5 months in Portugal I have somehow managed to gain 25 pounds. 25 POUNDS. HOW DID THIS HAPPPENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I will tell you exactly how it happened: member meals and pastry shops. BUT STILL. WHY DOES THE FOOD HAVE TO BE SO SO GOOD. So yah basically if any of yall have any good suggestions for how to not be fat let me know because I feel like a beached whale basically every day out here. And Im not really looking for suggestions like exercise or eat less or stuff like that but ya know if you have any magic weight loss pills or anything that would be great.

Alright I love you all lots and lots. Thanks for all the love and support. Dont forget to share the gospel and all that jazz. FIQUEM BEM, TODOS

xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo beijinhossss

Sister Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment