Monday, July 6, 2015

TU ÉS MESTRE DE ISRAEL E NÃO SABES ISSO?!

So the email title comes from the story of Nicodemus, which is 90257190750239 times more entertaining in Portuguese. Like when Christ says "tu és mestre de Israel e não sabes isso?". Yep. Pretty much my favorite phrase of all time. I also use it way more than I should. BIBLE JOKES YEAH

SO THIS WEEK HAPPENED AND IT WAS FAST AND CRAZY

I honestly hardly even remember what happened. We had divisions with the STLs and it was CRAZY fun. I finally got the chance to work with Sister Wood and I´m pretty sure she´s my soulmate. We spent the entire day singing and laughing and making jokes about how fat we are... And yet still doing missionary work and finding people. Milagre of milagres.

Sister Smith and I also ate something that wasn´t good somehow so we spent a full day laying on the floor of the house discussing anything and EVERYTHING and it was way more fun than it should of been. We really do work I promise... we also just sometimes lay on the floor and share mission gossip. WHOOPSSSSSss

ALSO great news, the elders and us have a ton of recent converts that happen to be teenage boys. Not sure why, but the important thing is, it means we get to have INTEGRATION FOOTBALL GAMES whenever we WANT. Literally I missed playing soccer so much and it is bringing me LIFE. Also last game we played I was on the same team as 2 Africans and they said that I "joga bem para uma Americana" and it may or may not have been the best compliment I´ve ever recieved.

ALSO WE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE LIT OFF FLYING LANTERNS ON THE ROOF OF THE ELDERS APARTMENT. TANGLED IN REAL LIFE?!?! I cant send pics this week but I swear they are COMIN

Other than that, not much to report! We do a lot of walking, hunting down people, sweating in the heat, and general spreading of the gospel. It is honestly a ton of fun and I love it more and more everyday. I am INCREDIBLY lucky to be here, it is such a short but really amazing time of life and I wouldn´t want to be doing anything else. Love you all, thanks for all the love and support and good examples and all that. FIQUEM BEM FAM!! MUCH LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(Following pictures stolen from her companions blog last week)
Avelino's baptism

Eating sardines at the Ward Sao Joao Party

No comments:

Post a Comment