Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Homeless, homeless, like the Christ child was

BUT REALLY THOUGH

Remember last week when I was like "funny story everybody my comp possibly has bed bugs haha bed bug scare part 2"

WELL SHE ACTUALLY HAS BED BUGS. LIKE REALLY REALLY BADLY. And that has turned this whole week into possibly the craziest week OF MY LIFE. We have been sleeping in the other sister house in Porto 2 and just going back and forth, trying to balance cleaning and bleaching down literally everything we own with actually doing missionary work and I honestly am not sure how successful we are being at it which is why this week was crazier than crazy. But obviously still good because Christmas and ENDLESS SLEEPOVERS and other amazing things!!

   - If I had looked at my life a year ago when I was getting ready to serve this mission and said "you will probably spend half of your mission ironing mattresses" the past me would have thought that was crazy. But its not crazy. Its just true. I think if I counted the number of hours I have spent ironing mattresses it would be more than Peter ever fished or Nephi hunted or ANYONE did ANYTHING. If anyone ever asks me to describe my mission in one word I will actually just say iron.

     - But we did other things this week too I promise you guys. Like getting ready for CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. IT IS COMING SO SOON and we are asking anyone and everyone to share a message of Christmas. And everyone is saying no but its fine because we know our message is amazing and we can still spread a little Christmas joy, even if it is caroling to people that dont actually want to hear us carol. WE STILL HAVE ALL THE CHRISTMAS JOY

    - I did mention endless sleepovers and LET ME TELL YOU FAM it has been the most fun in the world juntaring us crazy sisters in Foz and the goofballs in Porto 2 for lots of food friends and fun. Seriously some of the most fun I have had on the mish so far

    - WAIT YOU GUYS. WAIT. One of my BIGGEST NIGHTMARES IN THE WORLD WAS REALIZED THIS WEEK. Ok background first. I think like 2 weeks ago I talked about how AP McGhie was planning some crazy, over-the-top devocional party that Prez was going to and all that jazz? Well that was on Sunday, and McGhie had promised a "madrigal choir of Porto" without realizing that every Portuguese person ever is just the worst at singing, so he couldnt actually ask them. Meaning all that were left to ask were, you guessed it, the missionaries in Porto!!! So we got roped into doing a concert series that we started practicing for like 2 days before the actual event. And one of the songs we sang was O Come O Come Emmanuel, which I love so I was just singing it a little bit before we actually practiced and McGhie was like "OH MY GOSH WHO SANG THAT" and I tried to hide but with no success, and the next thing I know I am standing in front of everyone singing BY MYSELF, A SOLO, ACAPELLA AND IN LATIN. LATIN YOU GUYS. I think I almost peed my pants in front of 200 or more people. IT WAS TERRIFYING.

    - BUT the concert actually turned out way way cool, all the music sounded good and at the end we had everyone join in while we sang the last verse of "Noite Feliz" and it was super powerful and spiritual and amazing. And we ended up having 62 investigators there!! Seriously a Christmas miracle and it was awesome to be a part of it

Thats pretty much all I got. We will be going crazy this week caroling our little hearts out, wearing sweaters, ironing mattresses, making cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, ironing mattresses, spreading Christmas cheer, ironing mattresses, and ironing mattresses. CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST YALL. Thanks for all of your love and support and for everything and HAVE A MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS YALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo bjs Sis P
P.S. Nobody actually sent me any of their Christmas cards meaning nobody gets a Christmas card back yet WHICH IS A SHAME because they are actually amazing and the most ghetto cards ever. Your loss, fam, your loss. Correct this mistake as soon as possible by sending your dear cards to the lovely country of Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment