Monday, December 14, 2015

NUNS KNOW HOW TO PARTY

What up fam!! I HOPE YOU ARE ALL GETTIN STOKED FOR CHRISTMAS AND SHARING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT AND THE JOY OF THE SEASON AND SHOWING PEOPLE THE NASCEU O SALVADOR VIDEO AND ALL THAT DONT FORGET ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR AND ITS BEGINNING TO FEEL A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS AND ALL THAT TA BOM?!?!?!

Ok but really I AM JUST SO CRAZY EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS and clearly I cannot even contain all that excitement. It is especially great on the mission because we get to do Christmas stuff and just think about Christmas and spread Christmas and testify about Christmas 100% of the time and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Feeling pretty hashtag blessed this holiday season fam.

BUT THIS WEEK WAS COMPLETELY CRAZY. Seriously though, a million and a half totally weird things happened in this semana and I only hope I can convey a tiny bit of the weirdness for all:    - First off, THE WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY. Which was the most awkward/weirdest/greatest thing there has ever been. It was supposed to start at 4 but because of some emergency meetings and things it actually started at 7:30........ LITERALLY 3 and a half hours late. So we had to do some rapid video-finding and game-coming-up-with and joke-telling and it turned out to be ONE GIANT STRESS BALL but whaddya know, Portuguese people go crazy for Pictionary and Laffy Taffy jokes and there is nothing, NOTHING better than watching a couple of 4 billion year-old Portuguese women laughing their heads off. So it turned out great in the end and there was a ton of food so thats all that really matters but seriously, the weirdest party ever
   - We went to visit an African family we are teaching on Sunday and JUST SO HAPPENED TO WALK IN ON A GIANT, GIANT AFRICAN BIRTHDAY PARTY. Hahahah there was literally like 40 people there, including a gay couple and AN ACTUAL REAL-LIFE NUN. THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN A NUN ON THIS MISSION. We got invited in long enough to sing Parabéns, eat cake, avoid at least 15 people offering champagne, do toasts, and then realize we are the most awkward people ever to invite to parties. All in a days work
    - Instead of doing praticas at our district meeting we decided to play ultimate spoons for like 45 minutes and we have no regrets
    - Sister Johnson is seriously out of luck fam. She got way sick this week and now possibly has bed bugs. Hahahahaha no but really. Bed bug scare part 2. #pray4Johnson2015
   - We were meeting with one of our menos ativas this week and showing her the social media stuff for #nasceuoSalvador on the church website, she somehow managed to find videos of Vocal Point from there and I think we may have just opened a giant can of worms (not even sure if this is the correct expression but ya know what I mean) so A MILLION APOLOGIES to the boys of VP who are possibly slash probably getting stalked by a 30 year-old Portuguese woman

 I SWEAR THIS WEEK WAS TOTALLY WEIRD BUT I AM COMING UP BLANK ON OTHER THINGS TO SAY. People have also been throwing a lot of shade lately about how my emails are getting more and more lame YEAH I KNOW I KNOW theres just always too many things going on and then I forget them all by Pday and its just the mission life.

But know that I am happy and kickin it out here!! And that I love you all lots and lots!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YALL ARE THE BEST

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo bjs Sis P

P.S. card 4 card project 2015. Send me yo Christmas cards and you get one back!! Ours is WAY cute and WAY WAY WAY low budget (solid advertisement, I know) so dont miss this golden opportunity!!! 


1. Preview of our rockin (I did say it was low-budget) Christmas card. The row of chairs adds a nice touch if you ask me



YOU ALL WANT THIS CARD NOW DONT YOU SUCH A TEMPTATION I KNOW

2. And we are back to a couple of old pictures I stole from Sis Anderson, here is our area back when I was in Porto 1!!!

SOME HALLOWEEN PICTURES FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOURE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment