Monday, November 23, 2015

TRANSFERS AND IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL NEVER EVER LEAVE THIS CITY

What up fammmmmmmmmmmmmmm so this will probably be a short one because a) transfers were crazy and b) I am kinda dying right now but BASICALLY THE MISSION ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF. Some things:
   - TRANSFERS HAPPENED and I made the huge, grande, giant switch on over to FOZ DO DOURO. Which isssssssssss STILL IN PORTO. Hahahahha... haha... ha. No but seriously its awesome, Porto is a beautiful city and Foz ROCKS SO MUCH. It is actually one of the most beautiful places ever, its right where the Rio Douro hits the ocean so we have beaches and rich people houses and the works. And I will be serving with Sister Johnson!! She is SO COOL and dies here pretty soon so she is also knowledgeable and a great missionary and basically its just gonna be one rockin transfer!!
   - Speaking of me dying, I AM LITERALLY DYING RIGHT NOW. AS IS THE WHOLE DISTRICT FAM. So basically we went to an FHE to eat Cashupa which I LOVE LOVE LOVE but it also got made like 2 days before... and just kinda sat there, waiting for us... So yep, our entire district fam is completely dying today. Perfect timing for transfers am I right?!?!! On a positive note, I lost 6 pounds overnight. I was pretty stoked about that. On a negative note, this is because everything that was in my inside is now on my outside. Too much info? Maybe. But seriously, Im not sure I have ever been this sick, ever. Partially why this is a short email.
   - So I had to leave my perfect, wonderful fam of Porto 1 and it was ROUGH. We really worked on the member relationships there, like focused hard hard hard on it and the results were amazing. Not just for the food :) but also in teaching with members, member references (which I have never had until now but THEY ROCK!!!!) the works. I fell in love with this ward and I wont ever forget it <3
   - Speaking of member referals, WE GOT LIKE 7 THIS WEEK AND WE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH OURSELVES. We went to an FHE on Monday night and our member was like "oh by the way we invited my sister and nephew and their families and they want to learn about the gospel, hope you dont mind" and we are just like UHHHH PODE SER I GUESS THAT SOUNDS PRETTY ALRIGHT. Man the Lord was literally SHOWERING blessings down on us in Porto. So gratefulllllllllllllllllllllllll
    - Thats about all I got. I had to leave my favorite district fam to which NO ONE ELSE IS LEAVING (again, why is this my curse) and I definitely spent time listening to sad Christmas music and crying over my suitcases. But all in all I am excited to be here in Foz and for all the milagres to come!!

OK LOVE YOU GUYS. Dang, I actually wrote more than I thought I would. Rest assured I am alive and well and after a 40986 hour nap and some 7up and crackers I will be back on track. Love you all so muchhhhhh FIQUEM BEM GENTE

xoxoxoxxoxox bjs Sis P

(Later)

OMG WAIT I JUST THOUGHT OF ONE MORE HILARIOUS STORY. So we got our house disinfected because the elders were trying to be good to us and after we had bed bugs they got an exterminator to come (perks of the office am I right). Obviously we dont have bed bugs but still, the thought that counts.

BUT ANYWAY. We couldnt stay in our house for the night so we went and hit it up with Porto 2 in their teeny teeny little house and IT WAS A ROCKIN SLEEPOVER, getting the dream team back together. But to accomplish this we had to drive with the elders to their apartment to get their extra mattresses (I suggested a district sleepover, it was not taken well by the fam. JUST JOKES EVERYBODY) and then go there... Only they didnt have blankets or sheets or pillows. Or hot water. But it was still rockin!! And when they elders brought us our mattresses they forgot to shut the door to their apartment, which is literally out in the middle of the street in THE MIDDLE OF PORTO. Hahaha good thing all anybody can steal in missionary houses is like, some pamphlets..... Anyway, it was all one crazy adventure and again, I will miss this district fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment