Monday, January 11, 2016

BRAGA BRAGA BRAGA

WHAT UP FRIENDS AND FAM!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON WHATS GOOD!!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU LOTS AND LOTS AND THIS WEEK WAS CRAZAYYY!!!!

First off, the most important thing that I have to share this week is this: THEY HAVE GRANDE BIG MACS AT MCDONALDS. FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, FOLKS. They are nearly double the size of regular big macs and I think I have already had 3 or 4 just this week. IT IS THE GREATEST!!

Second and also decently important, I GOT TRANSFERRED AND IM IN BRAGA!!! It completely breaks my heart that I had to leave Foz so soon, it was beautiful and that teeny teeny ward was so full of love, but Braga already has me. Apparently it is considered the most beautiful city in Portugal and DA PARA VER fam because it seriously rocks. Plus the ward is HUGE and loving and everyone wants to help with missionary work and it is kinda a dream come true. I already love it here!!

So this weekkkkkkkk:
   - WE GOT HIT BY A CAR. FIRST DAY IN BRAGA. It was the single most exciting thing to ever happen to me, probably. We were just trying to casually cross a street and some guy apparently didnt see us and hit the back of my knee. It honestly didnt even really hurt I was just FREAKING OUT SO EXCITED. I FINALLY GOT HIT BY A CAR!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE MISSION FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!! And now I have some sick bruises all on the back of my leg that I get to show off. TROPHY WOUNDS. I GOT HIT BY A CAR EVERYBODY.
   - So Braga might be beautiful but the weather absolutely. is. not. It has rained this entire week, and Im not talking rain like some singing-in-the-rain drizzling, its like full-on hurricaine force rain and wind and sometimes hail. And we are always faithfully out trucking in it and trying to talk to people who say basically the same things, namely "who are you weird Americans and why on earth are you trying to talk to me in the middle of a freezing hurricane". Not exactly those words but pretty close.
   - But all the same we have found some seriously amazing people!! We have knocked more doors this week than I think I have my entire mission and I cant wait to start raking in the teaching pool here soon!
   - There is this one less active old lady that we go and visit named Manuela, and she is literally hilarious. She goes on and on about growing up in Angola and the monkey that killed a boy and how she always walked around with a gun and all that good stuff. I love love love Portuguese people!!

Alright thats all I got for now. I will work harder on hilarioius stories I promise. But know that I am alive and well, probably wet and freezing, and loving life!! THE MISSION IS THE BEST

I LOVE YOU ALL FIQUEM BEM TODOS

xoxoxoxoxox bjs Sis P

Yeah yeah, me sending pictures again WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

We went to Sameiro and Bom Jesus, these 2 huge beautiful cathedrals in Braga with our recent convert Antonio. THIS CITY IS SO BEAUTIFUL

1. Sameiro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2. Bom Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


(The following are more pictures from her companions blog...)
















No comments:

Post a Comment