Monday, January 4, 2016

Its 2016 and 2016 bananas later....

WHAT UP FRIENDS AND FAM HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!! I HOPE 2016 IS FILLED WITH KICKS AND GIGGLES AND SUNSHINE AND GOOD TIMES FOR ALL!!!!!!

2016 came in with a BANG here in the Portugal Porto mission and I am so so stoked to dedicated another (at least most) year to the Lord!!

As for the weird stuff that happened this week:

   - We had the Porto 2 sisters over for New Years and it was completely amazing and hilarious. Sister Johnson came in pretty clutch with a hidden Cafe Rio recipe, we watched the downtown fireworks from our window and popped a bottle of sparkling cider right at midnight. Oh yes, we sister missionaries sure know how to party.
   - So 2016 is apparently the year of the monkey, so we organized a bi-district, enormous banana party. YES FAM, BANANA PARTY. Again, missionaries really know how to party. We went SO HARD and afterwords I kind of never wanted to see another banana again but it was so, so worth it
   - Right after said banana party we went to our super cool from Morocco investigators house, where she had prepared this CRAZY amazing Moroccan dish and I dont even know what was in it but I was going so hard. And also dying because oh yeah, it was literally right after the banana party. FOOD FOR DAYS. Sometimes I wonder how I gained 30 pounds on the mission and other times its really not too hard to guess.
   - Apparently in Morocco they like to drink fermented milk so we got treated with that while at our little dinner party. You heard right fam. FERMENTED MILK. I literally felt like I was breaking the word of wisdom while drinking it, it was just so so so bad. And to make all that worse, Sister Johnson is actually lactose intolerant sooooooooooooo yep, she ended up being sick for like 3 days. Literally almost the whole weekend. PRAY FOR JOHNSON 2016 FAM
   - It was so so so so so so so so so cute, we called the Ashbys, the couple who work in the office and who we went to for Christmas after Sister Johnson got ridiculously ill and they drove all the way down to Foz after church to make her some chicken noodle soup. And bonus, they brought a couple office elders to give her a blessing! I actually had been having kinda a rough weekend so afterwords I was like "hey you two, as long as yall are here and the chair is here and Im here.........." and it was SO SO SO GREAT. Priesthood blessings and so amazing, I was reminded a ton about the love Heavenly Father has for us and that all is in his plans. Im so grateful for the Priesthood! Dont forget children, when there is hard times there is also always worthy priesthood holders that you can ask blessings.

OK QUICK SPIRITUAL AND SERIOUS MOMENT ALSO SORRY THAT I AM NEVER ACTUALLY SPIRITUAL OR SERIOUS IN THESE LETTERS WHOOPS. But seriously, I just wanted to share how much I love the Savior. I feel like I have learned a lot this week about the Atonement, mainly the fact that even with all the wrongs we do, all the mistakes we make, everything that we could be doing wrong, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ still love us. They love us SO MUCH. More than we could ever imagine and I am so grateful for that! I am so blessed to have this gospel and to have the opportunity to share it with others for this little time that I do. I love the mission, I love the work, and I love the Lord!

Transfers are this week! We find out tonight slash tomorrow. Pray for us all fam! I actually think I may be leaving Foz, which will be sad because I really love this area and the teeny teeny ward haha. But either way it is all in the Lords plans!

Thanks for all that you do fam!! I love you all lots and lots and lots. Thanks for all the love and support. YALL ARE THE BEST!

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

xoxoxoxoxoxo bjs Sis P

Next follows 2 pictures sent to the family with the title  "Última Semana"


No comments:

Post a Comment