WHAT UP EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TUDO BEM FAMMMMMMMMM!!!! Another week down here in Braga and, milagre of all milagres, WE SAW THE SUN THIS WEEK. IT EXISTS. We are back to our typical rainy gloom again but it was nice while it lasted.
THIS WEEK WAS CRAZY AND HILARIOUS AND AWESOME. I have stories DEMAIS to tell yall get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeee
- First of all, right at the start of the week our friendly neighborhood elders went and locked themselves out of their house. And the only spare keys were in Porto sooooooooooooo they slept in the capela on Tuesday night. hahahaha the whole sequence of events was hilarious slash slightly sad, from them and ALL of the neighbors trying to break into their apartment to us bringing pillows and blankets and old sister´s pajamas to the capela at like 10:30 to them finally getting back in at like 5 pm the next day.... Seriously, it was so hilarious. And in case anyone was wondering, Elder Jensen is keeping the pink monkey pajamas because they were made for him.
- So here comes the subject line of this email: ENGLISH CLASSES HERE IN BRAGA. Lets just say we have a recent convert named Antonio, who is a sweetheart and always willing to help us, but is also usually pretty drunk. We have been trying to help him figure out this drinking problem but with little success so far... Meaning on Friday he showed up COMPLETELY PLASTERED for our english class. We gave it our best effort for like 15 minutes, then realized he was going to remember any of it anyway so we spent the rest of the time teaching him the highly important english phrase "holla at yo boy". Best hour I have ever spent on my mission.
- Prez asked us all the set some crazy metas for finding novos, so we set some high goals and then we went to WORK. This led to some pretty hilarious situations, like the guys who called us and asked if we wanted to come over. Normally we say no to those kind of things, but we needed novos soooooooooo.... Hahahaha we stayed safe I promise, and we also got 2 novos out of it. Flirt to convert anyone?? JOKES JOKES
- We DID end up teaching two guys from Pakistan who happen to be running from the Taliban. It was more than a little exciting. We also decided to take one of our members, Sol, with us, who has some pretty extreme schizophrenia. You already know how it all went down. Hahahah I told you this week was crazy and hilarious and awesome.
- The office elders are just as hilarious as ever as we discovered this week. Elder Buchanan was bored while his comp was sick and since they have their fancy little smartphones they have this app where you reject a phone call and then deflect it to another phone number. So Buch went and toked HALF OF THE MISSION and then when they all tried to call him back it would deflect to our number up in Braga. We spent the entire night answering calls from Coimbra, Santarem, Porto, etc and BOTH THE APS. Classic.
- We found a predio with 112 DOORS AND WE WENT CRAZY AND SPLIT UP AND KNOCKED EVERY LAST DOOR AND IT WAS INSANE AND WE FELT LIKE SUPER MISSIONARIES.
Alright alright, I feel like all of these things seem a lot more hilarious and exciting when they happen during my week, but there ya have it. A week in the life of the sisters in Braga. Also know that I love you all lots and lots and I miss all of you and I HOPE YOU ALSO HAVE AMAZING WEEKS!!!
YALL ROCK HAVE GOOD WEEKS
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees xoxoxoxo bjs Sis P