HEY FAMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHAT UP YALLLLLLLLLLLL I HOPE EVERYBODY IS TUDO BEM!!!!
We had another wild week here in Braga!! It was actually pretty ordinary so I will see what I can scrounge up to talk about for the fam:
- First off, that glorious email title. It comes from, you guessed it, our beloved mission president!! That was actually a long time ago but its one of the wonderful things that he said to me once in an interview and I forgot how hilarious it was so here you have it, wise words from Prez. Apply it, people.
- WAIT I ALMOST FORGOT WE ACTUALLY HAD THE COOLEST EXPERIENCE EVER THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Patrick Kearon from the presidency of the seventy came down to Portugal and we had a MASSIVE mission conference and IT WAS THE COOLEST THING IN THE WORLD. First off, getting the whole mission together is just the greatest because you know I love me my missionary friends. And second, Elder Kearon is ACTUALLY INCREDIBLE. He thanked us over and over again for our service and gave about the most uplifting and spiritual and simultaneously hilarious talk that has ever been given. It was the actual best thing in the world. I LOVE THE MISSION AND THE CHURCH AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.
- WE GOT A MEMBER REFERENCE THIS WEEK!!! Dude those are a serious rare-find Pokémon out here so it was completely golden and wonderful!! Its a less active from the Açores that wants to come back to church and take his wife with him. Milagres on milagres on milagres. They were super sweet and, more importantly, make really good cakes. CHURCH IS TRUE FAM
- For some reason I always forget to talk about this but our RC Antonio has 3-4 friends that we teach in a café every week and it is the actually highlight of my semana, always. This week we spent all our time trying to teach english slash drawing maps of the US slash singing Beatles songs together. Missionary work at its finest, folks.
- For some reason President hasnt approved our transport money yet so Sis Runyan and I are completely broke so you know what that means.... NO BIG MACS. I HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN SURVIVING. I literally havent eaten a Big Mac in like a 6 days and the withdrawls are realer than real. #PRAY4SISPARKINSON2016
Oh my goodness these emails have gone downhill big time. A THOUSAND APOLOGIES but thats all Ive got for now. Transfers are this week so we will see what happens and I will try my hardest to get us into more weird situations this week!!!!
LOVE YALL SORRY MY EMAILS ARE THE WORST HAHAHAHAHA
paz e bênçãos everybody
xoxoxoxoxox Sis P
OK WAIT THIS IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT YES FINALLY REAL-LIFE MISSIONARY NEWS!!!!!! There is a family that I taught the whole time I was in Porto and they are the literal best and most adorable people in the world. Sandra was a less active that stopped us on the street and shes living with Helder, her really cool boyfriend and their 2 kids. We went to their house every week for dinner and FHE and it was the GREATEST, and this week THEY CAME TO VISIT ME IN BRAGA!!! And even better than that, Sandra and Helder have plans to get married and then HELDER IS GETTING BAPTIZED here in March!! They come to church every week and are actually real-life active members. I ACTUALLY CRIED WHEN THEY TOLD ME ALL OF THIS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THEY ARE THE BEST AND I AM SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED. HOLY COW. Now just comes the part where I have to ask Prez permission to go.... PRAYERS FAM PRAYERS. I love this family so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh